How to take advantage of batteries / energy storage and become independent from traditional methods of energy.
Becoming more independent in every aspect of our lives is something we all strive to accomplish, and when it comes to our homes and businesses, energy shouldn’t be the exception.
Did you know that energy storage — more commonly known as batteries — is the fastest developing element of renewable energy today? In fact. according to this Green Tech Media article, one of the predictions for this year’s solar energy trends is that the record for solar storage will be broken. “The second prediction for 2019 is bolder than the first — the observation that the record for solar-plus-storage deployments in 2018 will be broken yet again in 2019. That’s based on the forecast for falling solar and battery prices, combined with a continuation of the federal Investment Tax Credit for solar that can include the cost of batteries as part of the installation,” the article explains.
So how will people and businesses continue to benefit from energy storage? To name a few, energy storage benefits users by:
- Optimizing your photo-voltaic (PV) system by capturing excess energy produced to be used later on site
- Expanding the hours you can use clean, self generated power in your home or business
- Providing greater independence and autonomy from the grid
- Load-shifting- as batteries store excess energy generated by PV to be used at a later time, typically at night and cloudy days or also during the hours of grid peak pricing rates
- Working as back-up, in case of emergencies, as it enables your home or business to sustain power during a utility grid outage or commonly known as a “blackout”
You can save money too!
The federal tax credit of 30%*, which fades after 2019, applies towards all costs of battery installation when installed within the same year as PV. Make sure to take advantage before it goes away!
Now that you know the benefits of energy independence, why not get started right away? At Creative Solar USA our energy experts are happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Click here for a free consultation!
*The federal tax credit has upcoming changes. Creative Solar USA does not warrant or guarantee rebates, grants, credits, awards, or ROI. See your tax professional to assess which financial advantages will apply to your installation.
You Might Also Like
4 Deceptive (yet Legal) Ways Solar Companies Can Hurt Customers Solar energy is on the rise in Georgia. Recognizing this growing demand and low solar…